Are you getting an IP address error on a local site environment when using MAMP Pro?
Are you attempting to set up a multi-site with MAMP Pro?
This is the article for you.
This issue is extremely common when working with MAMP PRO and it’s really easy to fix.
After setting up a multi-site in MAMP Pro, when visiting a new subsite you get an error ‘This site can’t be reached’ ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED.
Add the url to the hosts panel in your MAMP Pro app.
- Go to your MAMP Pro dashboard
- For example, I would add, siteone.wp-playground
- In the hosts panel, click the plus button under your main site’s url
- Clicking plus will prompt the ‘Creating a new host’ pop-up.
- This is where you’ll add your subsite’s url.
- Next, click the folder icon and select the same folder that your main site is installed
- ( don’t install a new WordPress or database because this is already done and you’ll overwrite your site)
- Once you’ve selected a root folder the button will turn into ‘Create Host’.
- Click ‘Create Host’.
- You’ll see this pop-up message. That’s fine, click ok.
- Hit Save and your MAMP Pro program will restart.
That should be it! Go to your subsite’s url and everything should be working!
The subsite domain has been registered with MAMP Pro and the appropriate files will be updated in order to save your subsite’s url. This process will have to be followed for each subsite you create.
Did this solve your issue? Let me know by commenting below!